Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving!

                   "dum vita est spes est "
            While there's life, there's hope

On Todays' Holiday I can't help but think of those less fortunate than us.  With Homelessness on the rise and so many of them being veterans, who have served our country. I would like to express how thankful I am, to  all my family members who have served and all others who I may never hear about. Please see attached link and comment on your opinion on how our country handles the return of these veterans with so many emotional and mental issues due to their experiences. A great majority of them end up in homeless shelters with lack of adequate health care, housing, employment, illegal drug use and what  I believe it is our lack of our understanding of the support they need to readjust to society as well as the continuing and increasing need for strong family values.  I would love to receive any opinions on this matter.  Please see link below.
"Stress, Suicide and Homicide: How Do We Help Our Veterans Cope?"
Article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/luis-carlos-montalvan/stress-suicide-homicide-h_b_357408.html

Sent by Angelica

No comments:

Post a Comment